Why should you choose dental implant to replace missing tooth?
A dental implant is a surgical fixture that is placed into the jawbone and allowed to fuse with the bone over the span of a few months. The dental implant acts as a replacement for the root of a missing tooth. In turn, this “artificial tooth root” serves to hold a replacement tooth or bridge.
One of the greatest benefits of a dental implant is that it is anchored firmly in your jawbone, much like a natural root, giving stability to the false tooth.
Over time, technology and science have progressed to greatly improve the outcomes of dental implant placement. Today, the success rate for dental implants is close to 98%.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DENTAL IMPLANTS
The advantages of using an implant compared to a dental bridge
- High aesthetic standard, natural look
- Functions as regular teeth
- High strength, designed to last a lifetime
- No discoloration
- No impact on surrounding teeth, no need to sharpen teeth
- No effect on the gums
- Prevents bone loss
- Easy to care for
- Excellent option for replacing one tooth or multiple teeth
How long does a dental implant procedure take?
This depends on many factors such as the health and the condition of the patient’s teeth:
- Situation 1: If the jawbone density and oral health are still in good condition, the treatment procedure can be done within one day.
- Situation 2: In case the jawbone density is still good, but the gaps in the teeth are in positions such as the incisors and lower molars, the treatment procedure usually takes about 5 – 7 days.
- Situation 3: If the bone density is too low and cannot support the firm integration of the implant with the jawbone, the dentist will require bone grafting. This will prolong the time needed to place an implant from between 1 – 3 months.
How long do dental implants last?
Dental implants are considered to last longer than a bridge or removable dentures and can be used on average for 10–20 years. However, the lifetime of the implant can depend on many other factors:
- The quality of the implant material
- Whether or not the procedure has been performed well
- How patients take daily care of their dental implants
- Having twice-yearly check-ups to help early detection of any problems
DENTAL IMPLANT PROCEDURE
Mr. Michael Swift
Full-arch Implant Treatment
“I’ve been to many dental clinics over the years. At times, I was very frustrated and twice was even turned away because my case was so hard. After my first consultation, I realized the difference between the kind of treatment I had and what I was going to get. It was a big difference. Westcoast has become my best and final choice.”
Mr. Ngoc Hung
Dental Implant All-on-6 Treatment
“I was told my treatment plan was guaranteed. It was not the case. When I had to go back with problems, no one was there to help. Finally, I lost many teeth and suffered a great deal. I feel safe with Westcoast because these people really care about making sure you understand everything and devote themselves like it’s their own family they are working on. Their guarantee to stand by their work is worth spending more on my teeth.”
WESTCOAST INTERNATIONAL DENTAL CLINIC
Highly-skilled International Team
Our team of dentists, specialists and supporters comes together from countries such as Canada, Australia, Germany, France, Japan, Italy and Vietnam to provide solutions for your complex cases.
In-house Dental Laboratory
Westcoast has invested in a fully customized on-site dental laboratory that is managed by a master technician from Germany. This allows us to provide consistent esthetic quality, efficiently, which is paramount in achieving a beautiful and satisfying result.
Our state-of-the-art clinics use the best internationally recognized dental materials and equipment from Europe and the USA. For Implant, we are proud to use the latest technology and implant products from Implant Direct Interactive, Straumann, Dentsply Ankylos and Nobel.
As a long-established, 100% foreign-invested dental clinic in Vietnam, Westcoast has succeeded in building a high-profile practice that has and continues to attract patients, both locally and from all over the world.
Dr. Andrew H. F. Tsang
About Dr. Andrew H. F. Tsang
Founder of Westcoast International Dental Clinics
My passion is Implant Dentistry. I grew up in Vancouver, Canada and now found a home that has me very active with dentistry here in Vietnam. It is a privilege to work in a large clinic group sharing experience with a highly skilled team. We pride ourselves in doing the best service for you. Rest assured, long after your implants is done, i will always be available to you – as I have for more than twenty years with many of my patients.
- International Congress of Oral Implantology
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Royal Saskatchewan College of Dentists
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce (former Vice President 2006, 2007)