Our Dental Guarantee
We Are Committed to Your Dental Work
Rarely, a dental clinic will have a written policy or offer a guarantee on it’s work. We do it because we believe you are making the choice of a reputable clinic that will guarantee our work. We want you to feel our treatment is worth what you are investing.
Our initial treatment plan is aiming for a long term cure of past dental problems. Westcoast will guarantee our work as follows:
Fixed restorations: 5 years
Terms of the Dental Guarantee:
We request the patient notify us in Email as soon as they are aware of a dental situation occurring.
Westcoast Dental requests that patients return to the Clinic for annual dental check-up during the guarantee period. If this is not possible the patient should visit a local dentist for an exam and cleaning once a year during the guarantee period.
Implant Dental Guarantee:
We will guarantee our implants 100% for a period of 10 years. Our success rate is near 100% it is lower for cases involving extensive bone grafting. Our dental surgeon will discuss your case with you and provide some understanding because a cases may be less than 100% when the following occurs:
- Extensive bone grafting required
- Immune disease, diabetes, several bone condition
- Undiscovered health issues such as high cholesterol or insufficient insulin
We will make a thorough assessment for you.
We do require that the implant to implant teeth should:
- Consider use of metal surfaces to prevent fracture of ceramic
- Have a bitesplint made to protect crowns from ceramic fracture during the night
Root Canal Treatment Following Crown Preparation:
Westcoast Dental will inform the patient that in less than 1% of the time, root canal treatment after having a tooth/teeth prepared for crown and/or bridgework may occur. Our dental team does use measures to prevent it’s occurrence such as the use of specialized low heat tools that are less likely to have this occur.
The Dental Guarantee Will Be Reduced or Voided:
If the patient does not return to Westcoast International Dental for a routine check-up and cleaning at least once a year during the guarantee period, or does not undergo a routine check-up and cleaning once a year in his/her home country with an x-ray being taken and obtaining written proof (invoice/email from your local dentist) that the annual check-up has been carried out if oral hygiene is neglected
- If the dentists’ instructions are not followed (for example not wearing dentures / nightguard during the night)
- If removable restorations such as partial or full dentures are not maintained properly
- If the gum tissue or teeth bone is naturally reducing
- Gum disease (periodontitis) causing the deterioration of the teeth occurs
- Poor oral hygiene (example: not flossing)
- Accidental breakage such as dropping the denture
If there is a general illness occurring that has negative effects on the dental condition (for example diabetes, epilepsy, osteoporosis, high cholesterol, cancer or chemotherapy)