DRAW A TOOTH DOING YOUR DREAM JOB!
Unleash your imagination and join us in making beautiful pictures showing all kinds of interesting professions and jobs performed by teeth. In a world of so many different careers, there’s always a handy tooth willing to do the job! And never forget the need for good oral hygiene and the importance of strong, healthy teeth!
Timing & Award Scheduling
- 19/04 - 23/05: Online and offline entries period
- 24/05 - 30/05: Select the top 20 highest-scoring artworks for the final round
- 01/06 - 04/06: The Organizing Committee will send an Awards Ceremony invitation to schools, art centers, parents and candidates.
- 12/06: The Award Ceremony for winners will be held at the Westcoast International Dental Clinic, 17-19-21 Ly Tu Trong, District 1, HCMC.
Smile Art Contest 2021
Purpose of the contest
- Inspire children to develop creativity and artistic skills through art in this fun contest
- Encourage the importance of good early dental care
Children aged 12 and below living in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
- Offline Forms: Registration and submission of artworks can be made via any WIDC-affiliated school. Children attending one of the affiliated schools may submit their artwork directly to their school. Organizers will not accept offline entries from schools that are not on this list.
On the back of each entry, the following must be clearly written:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- School and grade
- Name and meaning of the artwork
Each artwork is required to have a short description (300 words max.) to express the child’s feelings about the artwork.
- Online Forms: Applies to children 12 years and below living in HCMC and Hanoi who do not attend a WIDC-affiliated school as noted above. These children also need to be supervised by their parents or relatives.
To participate online, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Take a high resolution image of your child’s artwork
- Step 2: Access and like the Westcoast International Dental Clinic Facebook fan page to connect with our team and enter the contest.
- Step 3: Describe the artwork in detail:
+ Full name and DOB of the child
+ Name of school/art center or parent's name and phone number
+ Name and meaning of the artwork. Please add a short description (300 words max.) to express your child’s feelings about the artwork.
- Step 4: Send the photo and above information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by messaging the Westcoast International Dental Clinic Facebook fan page.
- Step 5: Share your artwork on the school/art center or parents’ Facebook account, with privacy set to “public” along with the two hashtags #Smileartcontest2021 and #Westcoastdentalclinic
This year’s competition features weekly prizes. Teachers and parents should encourage children to complete their artworks as soon as possible to have the chance to receive attractive awards.
A weekly prize will be awarded to winning artworks based on the evaluation of the judging panel as well as the volume of interaction of entries posted within that week. If your child submits an artwork to the contest early, that artwork will have more chances to receive the weekly prize. Entries that were winners in a previous week cannot be considered for competition during the following weeks.
All entries have a chance to be considered for the top 20 and compete for the top four prizes.
Criteria for evaluation: The artworks will be evaluated on theme, message, creativity, artistic value and how meaningfully the work is described. All results will also be based on a consideration of the various ages of the children.
Note: Final round results will be solely based only on the evaluation of the judging panel.
Timing & Award Scheduling
First round: From April 19th to May 23rd
- Deadline for both online and offline entries is until May 23rd
- After that date the Organizing Committee will select the top 20 highest-scoring artworks for the final round.
Final round: From May 24th to Jun 12th
- May 24th to Jun 12th: The final top 20 entries will be sent to our clinic at HCMC and Hanoi.
- Jun 1st to Jun 7th: The Organizing Committee will send an Awards Ceremony invitation to schools, art centers, parents and candidates.
- Jun 12th 2021: The Award Ceremony for winners will be held at the Westcoast International Dental Clinic, 17-19-21 Ly Tu Trong, District 1, HCMC.
|Round||Week||Prizes||Award Announcement Date|
|1||1st week: 19th Apr – 25th Apr||Kuelox Markers Box of 36 Colors||26th Apr|
|2nd week: 26th Apr – 2nd May||Kuelox Markers Box of 36 Colors||4th May|
|3rd week: 3rd May – 9th May||Kuelox Markers Box of 36 Colors||10th May|
|4th week: 10th May – 16th May||Kuelox Markers Box of 36 Colors||17th May|
|5th week: 17th May – 23th May||Kuelox Markers Box of 36 Colors||24th May|
1 First prize: iPad Gen 8 (2020) Wi-Fi 32GB
1 Second prize: Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 8" (2019)
2 Third prize: Aquapick Water Tooth Flosser
|12nd June 2021|
Other prizes for talented candidates and for any school or center with many high quality entries are available.
- Each candidate can submit more than one artwork during the contest period. Up to one artwork per week is allowed. The judging panel will choose the best artworks to enter the final round.
- Contestants may use many ways of expressing their ideas through materials such as colored wax, color pencils, water colors, pastels, oil paints, etc. Sculpture and 3D artworks are also allowed.
- The minimum artwork size is that of a standard A4 sheet of paper. Larger canvases are allowed.
- Artworks of children participating in the program must be original and never have appeared in any other contest, advertisement or exhibition before.
- All entries must be submitted online until the end of May 23rd 2021. We are sorry that we cannot accept late submissions.
- We will contact you if your child’s weekly artwork enters the final round during the week after ending the first round.
- Four out of 20 candidates who receive the highest score from the judging panel will receive the top four prizes of this year's contest.
- No entries will be returned. The organizers have full rights to use the contest artworks, artist information and images of participants for media promotions without remuneration.
- The Organizing Committee has the right to cancel and remove the eligibility of participation without prior notice if they detect fraudulent acts of personal information, unofficial entries or cultural violations of Vietnamese fine customs and laws or entries that have political themes.
- In the event of a dispute or complaint related to the contest, the Organizing Committee will intervene. The committee will make the final decision.
It’s time to give your kids a chance to have fun with their friends, promoting creativity and imagination through drawing, and learning more oral health knowledge in this year’s “Smile Art Contest”, organized by Westcoast International Dental Clinic.